2023

 Good Morning, 


I woke up with the urge to read what I wrote about 2022 last year and found myself caught in a tornado of mixed feelings.

I have walked a long way, slowly, because the weight of the downs succeeded the ups. Downs were continuously pulling me back and to the bottom, but a divine force blessed me throughout my days to hug hope and climb towards the ups.


2022 was the year of healing for me.


I have been part of several radical life changes for the past three years, so only a year retreat at the top of a mountain can seem logical for my being to heal. 

Standing far away from my comfort zone, to the point that I can't even glance at a recognizable frame, broke me into pieces that grew apart before coming together again to form a new version of me.




On this last day of 2022, I want to remember the ups and downs so I can stay grounded and proud. 
I want to remember becoming overweight by gaining 10 Kg during the lockdown, and I want to remember my first use of scissors to cut fabrics and create clothes.
I want to remember the three years of the physical absence of two people I love without forgetting their support while launching my YouTube channel by providing me with the necessary materials to create content.
I want to remember my uncle leaving this world alone and recalling every moment he chose to spend the lockdown with us.
I want to remember sleepless nights because the hospital could call at any minute about the state of my mum, and I want to remember the instant I saw her able to walk again after a long time.
I want to remember every scar, to recognize every wound so I can heal it.




I have no specific plans for tonight, but a global perspective is present. I want this year's new year's eve to be different than the last one: I want to invest efforts into my look and enjoy dancing and laughing with my family.



Happy New Year!
May our faith be strong so we can handle the state of the world at its worst.
May our hearts be clean so they can be homes for love.
May our souls be awake to reflect serenity on our bodies.
May our actions be fueled with kindness so negative words would be orphans. 




Comments

Popular Posts