EL JADIDA / MAKING A BIRTHDAY CAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME

 

Hello Classy People,

Particular day yesterday, but turned to be one of the most celebrated! Our family is the same as millions around the world, in quarantine, and apart from each other.

My mum’s birthday was yesterday, so we have celebrated it modestly under these unusual circumstances.
I have thought about it since the beginning of this month, so I didn’t drive myself towards an overwhelming last-minute state of mind.



Creating a surprise while I can’t go out from home is not delicate, so I thought of the kitchen.
Making a birthday cake for the first time in my life was challenging because I have never tested my skills in this field before.

I have checked several online recipes, but they all needed proper accessories and ingredients that are not available in our kitchen.
Therefore, my final decision was to create a recipe based on the availabilities.





Taking into consideration my mom’s favorite flavors and textures in pastry, i ended up being bold to lock myself in the kitchen for nearly three hours, focusing on my creation.
I was so grateful yesterday to succeed in my mission and to serve one of the most delicious cakes my mum has tasted.
She was surprised indeed and also in love with it.



WHAT TO HAVE?
8 Apples
Sugar & Flavorfree cookies
200 g of butter
3 Eggs (White part only)
Vanilla extract
1 Big spoon of sugar
A small spoon of baking powder
3 Cups of flour

HOW TO DO?
Start by crushing cookies and mixing them with melted butter in a blender until you get a soft dough.
Take the mold and brush the inside of it with some butter and then pour the soft dough. Utilize your hands to distribute the mixture and make a proper base for your cake.

Make a meringue with the whites of eggs, and mix it with one small spoon of vanilla extract.
Brush the top of your cake’s base with some vanilla extract and then place the meringue on it.

Peel four apples, and cut them into neat slices, then place them one after another on the meringue.
Peel the four apples left and cut them into small pieces, then blend them with a small amount of boiled water to get applesauce.

Pour the applesauce on a bowl, and add the flour, the baking powder, one and a half big spoon of vanilla extract, then use a hand blender to get a thick brown cream as a result.

Pour the mixture on the top of your cake, and then let it cook in the oven for 45 mins at the temperature of 300 degrees.
Brush the top of your cake with syrup.

Let it rest for 15 mins, then let it cool in the fridge for an hour before serving.

Syrup: Boil one big spoon of sugar with a small amount of water to create a syrup.

 

 










Comments

Popular Posts