MARRAKECH / A DAY WITH SOPHIE SOLIVERES

 

Hello Classy People,

Sophie is originally from Spain, born in France and living in Morocco for 7 years now.

Her artwork is different from what i'm used to seeing in mainstream! I was attracted by the fact that her creations are not traditional at all! Each piece of hers carries a unique touch that creates joy in the darkest room of your environment. You probably know Sophie from her exhibitions and interviews but today we will have a cozy talk to reveal her personal side!



What does Marrakech represent for you?

Marrakech is the city of light where the weather is nice more than 350 days a year, it’s been 7 years since I live in this city and it is more and more beautiful. Life is sweet but so animated at the same time! Unceasing horn kicks but lying in the breathtaking sun! Finally, in Marrakech, we can meet people from around the world, which makes it a real wealth!

How can you describe the connection between Morocco, France and your Art?

I am very inspired by Morocco to paint, I transform characters and relook them following Moroccan fashion.

My main sources of inspiration flow from the news, political, cinematographic, people, etc.  I also like to revive characters that rocked our childhood and adolescence.

 My trips help me to create, observe a lot and take photos.

What distinguishes your productions from others of the same style?

Each viewer of my paintings will feel a different emotion compared to another artist. We can’t control this thing! I adopted the pop art style, the street is what I like most, but depending on my moods and my desires I can go to other things: My productions have for objectives of to make you travel in the past, to make you smile, to bring some pep’s on the walls.



Who is Sophie the woman and Sophie the mom?

I have a thousand personalities! I adapt to all situations with everyone! I take a little light! It is a great defect but it can sometimes be a quality! Let’s live while there is still time, enjoy the people we love, give great importance to the family, my children are my driving force, they are full of energy and have a great sense of humor. They always give me their opinion on my paintings and they want them all in their rooms!

What are the qualities of a true artist?

An artist should not expect anything because we create to please ourselves, to feel emotions. An artist must be driven by passion, and must also accept criticism because our art cannot please everyone.

What does beauty mean?

Beauty is relative, too many people talk about physical beauty, material beauty … I prefer not to pay attention, I prefer a beautiful moment, a beautiful memory, a beautiful exchange it’s beautiful!

What would you change in this world if you had a magic wand?

Answer certainly banal but Peace for all people! Tolerance, equality, good behavior, exchanges … But if I had to use the magic wand for me I would like to teleport myself in time and space!




What makes you want to continue creating paintings?

When one of your works is on someone’s wall, it’s a real satisfaction! It makes me want to continue but sometimes I do not paint for 2 or 3 months because I do not want to.

I never force myself!

Three names that have influenced you enormously and why?

Basquiat, Warhol, Banksy are the Big Three! When I surf on the web by typing their names I want to catch 2or 3 brushes some aerosol bombs and paint! 





Talking to Sophie was a fresh breeze out of my cycles of daily conversations. I shared with you the most beautiful parts, whenever I felt that she was spreading love behind each word.

Sophie's art is modern, animated, and can nicely decorate any wall.



Comments

Popular Posts