I DESIGN CLOTHES

Hello Classy People, 


Creativity has embodied herself in me, from which comes the reason for being unfit into systems organized by societies. 

A challenge facing me since my childhood, so I grew thick skin over the years. I magically managed to create a transferable place for myself within established systems.

I have adopted some habits during the lockdown to keep me balanced and serene. One of them was to use the fabrics I have been shopping and stocking since 2010!





The fashion and film industries have fascinated me since I can remember. I thought of following my desires, except that I was born into a family and a society that almost swears that the only academic brightness resume in scientific majors and law.
Choosing Communication and Media in the university wasn't effortless, and then the launch of my blog to me a step closer to my other crush: FASHION!

My digital content in 2010 was pure fashion before subtly shifting to lifestyle, so I would learn while researching to write articles and connect with people from the industry.
I wasn't satisfied because I couldn't yet do what I wanted regarding fashion: creating clothes.




I've been drawing sketches since adolescence, and I started buying fabrics in my first year at the university.
I couldn't step further because I distracted my schedule with many activities, but if I were to state one positive impact from the 2020 lockdown, I would determine to start designing clothes.

The idea of exposing my creations wasn't clear before I saw the final results of some pieces, so I would dive into the making without overthinking about people's acceptance and appreciation.
I managed several pieces I could finally show to close family members and friends.

Such experience would push me to look for a mentor to teach me pattern-making, cutting the pattern, and making the toile.
God's will, the energy appeared unexpected, which was during one of my low periods while my healing process after the terrible year of 2021.






My learning journey of making clothes started at the end of last spring. I dedicated three hours a week to listening, observing, and discussing so I could get involved in practice during the rest of the week. 
My last three hours course was a few days ago. I flowed some tears, like the 22 years old me when graduating from the university. 

My learning is not over, and I believe the learning process is never over as long as we are feeling, so I'm drawing new sketches and making new designs that I might reveal soon. 
Keep your wallets warm because you are about to invest in one of my pieces resembling my writings and photography. Each one holds a story from my artistic soul meant to seduce a powerful instant of life. 





Comments

Popular Posts