MEET MCHICHA

 


Hello Classy People, 

Fear generates from the unknown.
A person who doesn't fear cats and dogs probably grew up in an environment familiar to pets. However, some others had an unpleasant incident and chose to stay distant from animals. 
I can't relate to both types, so I completely ignore the reason behind my cat and dog phobia.

I didn't dislike them, but I would want them in their separate space. I felt uncomfortable around pets, especially hipper ones!
Cats, in particular, were on the top of my pet dread list. Their intelligence and ways of coming after their prey permanently convince me they are lions in disguise.
Moreover, I have always loved cats because of their beauty, elegant movements, and independence.


Pets living with some family members and friends couldn't considerably change my feelings, so I would avoid them if they approached my side. 
Last year was a terrible time for us as a family, and in the middle of our low moods, we would force ourselves to eat to maintain the ability to stay conscience.

One day, I heard a meow while eating in a silent atmosphere. I slowly looked outside because cats would often pass by the house.
I didn't see anything, but the meow kept getting closer. I looked at my dad and uncle, but they weren't sure of my thoughts, so I said: " There is a cat in the house!".


They reassured me about the sound from outside, so it was close because of the open windows. I stood up to check around.
I walked two steps towards the sliding doors to the garden and saw baby Mchicha.

I freaked out because she was screaming her lungs out and because she was small. I ran inside, and she followed me running, so everybody abandoned the meal to try to catch her.
She was a fast baby cat imposing herself into our family.
My uncle takes her to the garden, and she would reenter by jumping from another opening.


We understood her starvation, so my uncle went to the nearby market and brought her some cat food. She ate two jars in thirty seconds and kept meowing and wanting more.
Everybody paid her some attention, except me.
My fears blocked me from approaching baby Mchicha, petting her, holding her, and understanding her needs.

She disappeared from the garden after she ate well, but I found her sleeping in front of the door the next day. She jumped, then I quickly closed the door after she started to meow so loud.
My uncle brought her food again, and she has never left the garden.




Day after day, we would create a relationship, Mchicha and I. We would connect through a panned window because I couldn't dare open it, but she was calm and would play by following my hand's movements with her paw.
She slowly healed me with her patience and persistence. 
Mchicha would check up on me every morning through the same window until I started opening it to pet her and heading to the garden to give her food.

Today is nearly a year since I met Mchicha for the first time. I want to thank god for blessing my family with such soul, and I want to thank Mchicha for being the most inspiring cure for me and significant power in our healing process as a family.
Today I'm cuddling her, sleeping next to her, talking to her, and playing with her.
Today I can walk near cats and dogs. It feels incredibly fantastic.












Comments

Popular Posts