LOCATION SCOUTING

 

EL Badii Palace



Good Afternoon Classy People, 

Caught in the middle of social media chaos, especially Instagram, because it's a visual content app, people with photography and cinematic knowledge are much ahead in providing quality.

Studying at the university to reinforce my talent allowed me to learn from different tutors, which widened my knowledge in everything related to visual projects.
A visual project is similar to any project that needs studying before application. Therefore we work on the phase called preproduction to smoothen the operation of clapping ACTION!


Dar Si Said


As far as my blog is concerned, I love to keep my posts as authentic as possible, so I rarely avoid location scouting.
Location Scouting is an essential point in the preproduction of my visual projects, whether I'm shooting photos or videos.
Knowing a spot with all its details, from the texture of its ground to the nature of its weather, qualifies me to be well-prepared for the next time when it's the moment to take visuals.


ANECDOTE TIME

I went location scouting with some colleagues from the digital field in Marrakech during the summer of 2018, so we spent the entire morning monitoring popular historical sites.
We arrived at Al Bahia Palace while it had a touristic crowd, but we decided to get the work done anyways.
Minding my business between my camera and notebook, my colleagues spotted some women from the touristic groups taking my pictures while following me.



One of my colleagues came nearby, described the scene, and we tried to go elsewhere. The women were determined to honor their spy mission, so they kept following me.
I had to end this scene, so I faced them and displayed an unpleasant face, then they looked elsewhere and walked away.
One of my colleagues documented the scene and thought it would be one to remember.





Tourists might be so irritating, particularly the ones who come from an entirely different environment and have never blended with other races.
Taking people's pictures without consent is distasteful, plus it is an illegal activity in Morocco, so I hope everyone can spread more awareness regarding this topic.




Comments

Popular Posts