RABAT / A DAY AT THE MUSEUM




Hello Classy People,

It has been a few days that I'm in Rabat, creating summer memories between the hot weather and the pandemic atmosphere.

My schedule is limited to a few days, so I want to pull out the most fun plans from my stay! 

My must-visit list is diverse: I'm writing addresses that I have visited before, all in including new ones.

I went to two museums last Friday, so I have many thoughts to share.


The Mohammed VI Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art is neat and imposing from the outside. The building occupies a dominant corner of Avenue Moulay Hassan, one of the most prestigious boulevards of Rabat, and it is favored by being surrounded by accessible parking spots.

The outdoor decoration screams the theme by exposing two massive statues in front of one of the main entrances and huge-sized paintings on the walls. 

The interior is refreshing with its minimalist decoration, so it was a soothing pleasure for my eyes to explore both floors.




My attendance has coincidentally met an exhibition entitled DELACROIX, SOUVENIRS D'UN VOYAGE AU MAROC.

Eugène Delacroix is a French painter known for Romanesque art, who traveled to Morocco and stayed for a while producing some artwork related to the culture, so The National Eugène-Delacroix Museum and the Public Establishment of the Louvre Museum thought of organizing such event. 

The exhibition itself is enjoyable, but the content lost me from the first part of the exposition.

His paintings communicate a stereotyped Morocco, so I truly felt the white supremacy energy. The captions meant to describe each of the paintings are vague or with some false information, so I searched for a manager to let him know, but I could only find a security guy.

The security guy has confirmed my observations, forasmuch some visitors before me have noticed the same elements. 



I left the exhibition without a zest of impression. It didn't have a positive effect on me. Carrying my spirit of discovery on, I have reached the second floor, where the artwork of diverse artists is exposed.
I believe the majority are Moroccans, so I have enjoyed seeing how each mind reflects its internal emotions. 
Most of the paintings are covering abstract art, there are more than thirty ones exposed, but I have only stopped in front of FOUR! You can find them on my Instagram

A few hours later, my destination was the Archaeological Museum of Rabat.


My first impression wasn't epic, the outside view isn't breathtaking comparing to the previous museum, but the content is worth gold!

I love everything about the interior and the pieces exposed at the Archaeological Museum of Rabat, so beautiful and enriching.
Reading about prehistorical heritage, ancient Morocco, looking at sculps, jewelry, and coins from different civilizations was an experience full of sensations.
My favorite part is the room full of statues, mainly bronze from Rome.

I had a wonderful day! My overall take on both spaces is spectacular, so I recommend setting a museums day aside while being in Rabat.







Comments

Popular Posts